What to do
- If your pet goes missing, get your pet’s picture on social media quickly with your contact info. Make sure your post is public. Also share it with Lost and Found Pets of Cambria County and Somerset County.
- Call your local police’s non-emergency number. Someone may have called the police to tell them that they found the animal (which you should do if you find a dog or cat in case someone is looking for it).
- Call surrounding shelters to report your missing pet immediately so if someone brings the dog or cat in, the shelter can contact you.
- Go out and look for your pet! If your pet hears you, that might draw them in! However, don’t chase or run after it. He/she might think you are playing or it may scare the pet. You should crouch down or sit on the ground. Make sure to have some treats!
- If you find a pet, do the same things above! These steps will hopefully help reunite owners and their pets.
Proof of Ownership
All owners will be required to provide proof of ownership to reclaim their animal.
- Proof of purchase or adoption,
- Veterinarian records,
- Microchip registration in coordinance with our reader, or
- License registration
HSCC reserves the right to request multiple forms of ownership if evidence is weak or misleading on the provided paper work. Photos are NOT accepted as sole proof of ownership, but do help instances where multiple forms of ownership is requested.